Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

negative image mode

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 8000 Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oldtimer
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 9:12 pm    Post subject: negative image mode Reply with quote Back to top

I have an 8000 and 6000 using two 2050 scanners at seperate locations. when the end user tries to copy a white line blueprint he presses the negative mode button on the scanner and expects the copy to come out with a white backround and black lines. (image is reverse colored at this stage) which should be the end result. The copy comes out with a black backround. and trying to lighten it does not work. what is wrong with my equipment. Seems to me that somthing has not been set right.

KIPDOCTOR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You must be sure NOT to use auto exposure or background removal when using negative image. Also keep in mind that when using negative, the threshold is backwards from what you would think. That is, going lighter will make it darker.

oldtimer
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 8:36 am    Post subject: neg. mode Reply with quote Back to top

yes I understand and auto mode and backround was not being used and the image is still to dark. any other thing I can do? is there a special BUD that controls this?

Kipintern
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 1:07 am    Post subject: the threshold Reply with quote Back to top

try taking it out of auto threshold on the mode and where the threshold shows darker as normal goto the other side (put threshold down to left this should help)

KIPDOCTOR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

???? Isn't that what I just said? Ah yes, the intern is always aggreeing with the doctor's prognosis. That's a good intern.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 10:45 pm    Post subject: neg image Reply with quote Back to top

thanks guys ill try friday

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 8000 Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: