Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

KIP Fold 2000

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> General KIP Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
slyman
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:50 am    Post subject: KIP Fold 2000 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok guys, an old Kip fold on 7170 (non-K), got intermittent jam in the crossfold section.

The sheet come in the crossfold section, the first gate move to guide the paper but does not move up to it's home position and let the second gate make it's fold so the second gate just knock on the first one a few time before giving the paper jam.

I did clean all sensors, rollers, lubricate....

Like I said, it's intermittent so it can work fine for 20-25 prints/folds.

I did check in service manual but cannot find any great information on the timming.

Anyone got an idea ?

Thanks in advance.

arlen
resident

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

So..... No help from Kip hardware support?

slyman
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah I do have some minor help, I will order some sensors to start with. I do have to confirm the firmware but I'm pretty sure I already installed the latest last year.

There is not really great information in the service manual, there is almost nothing as adjustement or timing.

Thanks for asking Arlen

arlen
resident

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2021 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I didn't notice in the other forum that you listed an error code. Is it reporting one?

slyman
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2021 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I don't remember the jam code Arlen. I have ordered some sensors and will give a try.

slyman
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just a quick feedback..it's fix ! It was the LB12 sensor in the crossfold section.

After replacing the sensor, i did make more than a 100 prints with no jam.

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2021 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the update and fix. Sorry, I have no experience with the Fold but I'm sure it will come in handy for others.

slyman
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2021 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ok guys, bad news here. The LB12 sensor (crossfold section) seem not stable. I found when I put small pressure on transport guide where the LB12 sensor is attached, the siganl goes on/off. Sometime I don't touch anything and it will do it by itself.

I tried to adjust and fix the guide as better than I can (with no reference in manual) and the machine work fine for more than a week and now customer called back for same problem.

I don't know what to do anymore !!!

The service manual is not the best I've seen on the market !

paulica
dreaming of medical school

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:52 am    Post subject: offtopic service manual for kipfold 2000 Reply with quote Back to top

Does anyone have a service manual to share for the kipfold 2000?

Many thanks!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> General KIP Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: