Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Toner dropping on prints

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 7170 Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
newbe1
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:47 pm    Post subject: Toner dropping on prints Reply with quote Back to top

Had a customer call about toner on prints went there cleaned printer went away for a week went back was time for Dev rebuild. Rebuilt reset dev setting back to 0 ran multiple prints. was leaving just a little gray haze on trail edge, pulled out checked to make sure no toner was dropping on regulation roller clean.

She was OK with it called back a month later dropping toner again. and the wires have been replaced not sure what else could be happening any ideas.

CHILLIN
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sound so like the dev roller might not be pressurized correctly. Make sure you follow the instructions in the manual for doing this. The older 3000's 3200's didn't seem quite so sensitive to this, but I've seen your issue before with the 7100/7170's

newbe1
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

So i did double check the Dev unit what is was toner on printhead and image corona again. So this time i put in new wires and have had no call back as of a week, The toner on the printhead is becoming more and more on every 71xx i have.

doodad
medical school grad

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Try cleaning the grid on the charge assy. This should help. Also, have you checked the wire height?

newbe1
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I cleaned the grid and wire height was at 11mm it has been awhile still no call back yet thanks for the help.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 7170 Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: