Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

OCE PW350 error 22701, then 8510

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> Oce' Hardware Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:18 pm    Post subject: OCE PW350 error 22701, then 8510 Reply with quote Back to top

On start up it gives me the error 22701 to clear jam in exit area. There is no paper in there and nothing to clear. I close the exit cover and it seems like it starts to launch, then gives me the error 8510.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I heard that the 22701 error is a paper error, even though it is giving a "remove paper from fuser area error", the real issue is that there is something wrong in the paper feed area around the cutter. So I remove the covers on and around the cutter area and clean everything, since I did not see any obstructions. I rebooted the OCE and it did a toner optimization for about 5 min. then it started to print. It printed about 50 sheets, then I shut if off and put all the covers back on. Few of the guys sent more drawings and did a couple of copies and everything worked great.

I left and about 15 min. later, they call me back and say it's doing the same thing. Now here is what I notice.

If I start the printer with paper unloaded, the printer starts normal and goes to "ready" state. Then it'll ask for paper, because there is a job in the queue. As soon as I load the paper and confirm it's size on the screen, you can hear the motor turn for 1/8 of a second, like it's trying to pull the paper, then errors out to the 8510 error. Then it tells me to shut down and reboot.

If I reboot with the paper loaded, it'll automatically go to the 22701 error and instruct me to remove media from fuser area (nothing there). I'll open/close the fuser section then it'll error out to 8510.

Now if I reboot with the paper loaded, it'll give me the 22701 error. While I open/close the fuser section, I also unload the paper. Then the printer comes to "ready state" and ask for paper, then error out to 8510.

louiedxb
dreaming of medical school

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hope you solved this problem already. In case you have not yet, you have to replace one of the heater temperature sensor (NTC) specifically the second from left when you are facing the machine. This is the cause of the 8510 error which is the main problem. 22701 is just an initialization failure due to this 8510 error.

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I appologize. I was able to fix the issue exactly by how you explained it. I replaced the #2 NTC and all's good.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> Oce' Hardware Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: