Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

different shades on kip 7100 when printing PLT only

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP software info.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kipjohnfree
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:13 am    Post subject: different shades on kip 7100 when printing PLT only Reply with quote Back to top

i am getting different shades on a kip 7100. happening only making print from PLT through KIP PRINT Software.
but the same file printing perfect through windows driver.Ips software ver. 7.4.642
PRINT 7.4. 472

image attached

http://www.4shared.com/get/Yc_mLbyzce/default_0001.html

Thanks in advance
john

jezebel09
resident

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This site is requiring a password so we cannot see what's going on.

Typically when you have an issue like you're describing, it's usually down to the pen table. Kip Print uses one and the printer driver uses another (unless you a printing via KipScript).

The default.pen is on the workstation for Kip Print and is changed through that application. The default.pen table for the printer driver (if using KIPGL) is on the IPS and is controlled through PrintNET.

I would make sure of two things:
1. The default.pen matches
2. Print using KIPGL through the driver

kipjohnfree
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks,

you can download the file from bellow link.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-G40C0fKPkpel9GdE1zNldzYVU/edit?usp=sharing

jezebel09
resident

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It is a bit difficult to see exactly what is going on, but did you figure out if you were printing from KIPGL or KIPSCRIPT from the Windows driver?

If you are printing using KIPGL, then I would look at the pen tables as I mentioned before.

If you are printing via KIPScript, then I would suggest switching to KIPGL and then making sure that the default.pen matches between the controller and workstation.

kipjohnfree
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The problem occurs only when i make print through KIP PRINT software.
Windows driver (KIPGL or KIPSCRIPT) working fine.
but i convert PLT file to PDF and print through KIP Print, i am getting Correct prints.
its happening only When i am using PLT files, DWF and PDF Working Fine.

Thanks

jezebel09
resident

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Confused now....what are you printing from? Meaning what application?

What has to be happening is something from the application isn't quite working with the printer driver.

There is a lot under the hood that happens with applications and the printer driver, I am really surprised to hear that this is happening the same from both KIPGL and KIPSCRIPT; they actually work differently when communicating with applications.

kipjohnfree
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Problem Fixed, change KIP PRINT Ver. to the latest
Thanks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP software info. All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: