Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

gray haze

View previous topic :: View next topic  
yankeeboy
intern

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:51 am    Post subject: gray haze Reply with quote Back to top

Hello i have a new 7100 been in customer's office for a few months started last friday they are getting a gray haze on any size print about four inch's from leding edge that is about half inch running horizontally then about two inchs dowm from that i get a wider gray haze about 4 inchs but there seems to be a total gray haze thruogh out the whole print
print only has 3500 ft on it what i have done so far is change charge wire, transfer wire swapped out tr/sp assy the tranfer is on in the UI checked all voltages, played with fuser speed, checked drum blocks rset them. took out developer unit and cleaned and repressurized the developer unit with no change. i called kip did all that they told me to
talked to another guy at kip he said to tape all the wires for the hv board which i did it did make a change but not enough he told me it sounded like it was losing chage i got thinking about that i checked all contacts they all looked good the one for the cleaning roller for the drum seemed a bit off i reset it with no change.
any thing will help thanks

cezwhat
resident

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

DO you have a High Voltage power supply you can swap to see if your issue changes?

CHILLIN
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Something you might want to check or try is to reset or lower the BIAS in the Special Operations area Mode 0006 especially if you have cleaned the developer roller.

I am seeing on some 7100 the bias adjustment is adjusting too fast causing background on the prints. Aslo after replacing and/or cleaning the roller you need to do this.

yankeeboy
intern

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for replying ended up being the HV POWER SUPPLY.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 7100 All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: