Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

2000 Printer, not fusing in the center on long runs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 2000 Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
twilliams
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:05 pm    Post subject: 2000 Printer, not fusing in the center on long runs Reply with quote Back to top

Question There is a 2000 printer which has been giving me a bit of a fit. It fuses fine on small jobs, but on larger jobs say 30 +, the outside edges fuse, but the center just rubs off. Have verified wall voltage, dedicated line, the aggitator fan is spinning properly. Tried new heater element, but my thought on that is since it is a continuous flow through the fins, I dont think this could be causing this issue. Was wondering if anyone else has encountered such an issue. The customer mainly runs 30x42 drawings. Any ideas would be appreciated. The bond temp is set at 200, and the fuser down sequence has been done. I replaced the upper thermistors and thermostat at the time I swapped out the heating element.
Thank you in advance
Tom

bigal
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:07 pm    Post subject: 2000 FUSING Reply with quote Back to top

This is almost always the agitator fan! The coupling in the center breaks so 1/2 of fan does not turn. Check center coupling

twilliams
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The fan is turning correctly, it will run around 15 to 20 prints fine, then approximately 6" from the trailing edge to the trailing edge will be unfused only in the middle of a 30" wide6 to 7 inches from center either direction, the rest of the print is ok, including the center until the last 6".

KIPDOCTOR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If the fan was ever replaced before, did the deflector fins get put back on the new fan. KIP charges a small fortune for that fan and then they make you use the fins off of the original one. Gotta love KIP.

twilliams
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The fins are on the fan.. Firred the controller yesterday, reset all settings no difference. Replaced the SSR relay and aggitator motor driver board. Quirkly. Am going to try the PW6650. Confused

GR81
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I know this is a reach, but I did have this happen once.
Any chance the customer has an AC unit or a fan blowing on the machine.
I had the exact same problem on one machine, and then we re-directed the AC vent and it fixed it.
That was one long trouble shoot.

phan6622
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I cant imagine this helping, but.. are the ozone filters clogged? Could be some kind of airflow issue.. Bigger reach than GR81..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 2000 Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: