Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

KIP 5000 - AutoCAD 2010 Publish

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 5000 Discussions (new)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AutoCUD
dreaming of medical school

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:32 pm    Post subject: KIP 5000 - AutoCAD 2010 Publish Reply with quote Back to top

I am new to the forum and would like to ask if any one else out there is experiencing any of the same difficulties with their KIP 5000 and Publishing. We are on the AutoCAD Subscription plan and receive the latest version as soon as it comes out (currently AutoCAD 2010). I have been using AutoCAD and creating pc3 files and such for some 20 years now. We purchased a KIP 5000 with a 600 series scanner and the 300 auto stacker last year. The machine itself has all the features we wanted, which was a main factor in our purchase.
We have however, had nothing but BAD luck with it since day one. We were told it would take a couple of weeks or so to "Tweak" it to our environment. Which is understandable. Well TWELEVE months later we are still "Tweaking" it. We have had everything from paper jams to insufficient memory to no ability to batch plot to Kip Request not working.
Since we got this machine we have had days where we could Batch Plot and days we could not. After installing the latest Windows driver as well as the HDI driver for AutoCAD. We can no longer batch plot again. When we send a job through we get the drawings out but all the information is not there. The piping and equipment print in some spots and not in others.
We have been told of all types of work arounds like batch plotting to dwf and then printing them thru Kip Request, but as I read in another post, this is very time consuming and defeats the purpose of Batch Plotting. Time is money and we should not be required to perform "Work Arounds". That is not why we purchased this type of machine. As it stands now we are trying to get some support from Autodesk to see if there is some settings in AutoCAD that may be causing this issue but have no answers yet. If we plot ONE drawing at a time, generally the machine works quite well. But there is no reason why a company like KIP should not be able to provide proper print drivers for AutoCAD to allow us to use AutCAD the way it is intended to be used.

If any one out there has any suggestions please let me know. I would really like to get this thing worked out. Thanks in advance for any assitance.

techsupport1600
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:44 am    Post subject: RE: KIP 5000 - AutoCAD 2010 Publish Reply with quote Back to top

We have been running the same setup for about a year now. My clients are on AtuoCAD Arch Desktop 2005 and Revit Arch 2010.

We have not fully tested the batch plotting in Revit 2010, but I can tell you that we have not had any major issues batch plotting in AutoCAD Arch Desktop 2005 to the KIP.

We had a Xerox 8850 which the KIP replaced and all I did was remap the PC3 config files to use the KIP HDI drivers.

I did not even have to reconfigure any pen tables. I was acutally surprised by this. I thought for sure I was going to have to do a ton of pen weight re-assignments when we switched from the Xerox to the KIP.

We had a few issues initially with the stacker and paper getting caught in it. The fix was to appy some pledge to the plastic flaps that guide the paper into the stacker rollers...this allowed the paper to exit the plotter and into the stacker more smoothly.

We also had an issue with half size plots getting pushed off the top rack. As the plots came off and stacked up, the next plot out would catch the previous plot on the stack and push it off onto the floor.

KIP tested this in their facility and dhad the same problem. They sent me a set of aligator clips to add to the back of the rack to stop the plots from being pushed off. It worked.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 5000 Discussions (new) All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: