Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

2720 weird cutter issue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP Legacy Hardware discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
phan6622
doctor

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 4:04 pm    Post subject: 2720 weird cutter issue Reply with quote Back to top

e-07

when we turn on the machine the cutter motor will rotate and only move the cutter a few inches and then e-07. Both switches work in diag mode and we replaced both the cutter unit and the main board.

Just looking for anyone with experience with a problem like this before we go getting crazy and running new wires. There is no driver board and we are currently verifying that the power supply is good... no change to environment or power, no recent service done on machine.. we are also verifying that all those series thermistats in the fuser are good although I doubt it's related.

Any and all suggestions are welcome and appreciated.

Desertdog
resident

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You might want to check the fuser. I recently had a 2720 giving a cooling fan error and it turned out the plastic housing for the thermostat had cracked, allowing the 24v power supply to short to the frame.

phan6622
doctor

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yea.. the first thing we did was to take both of those thermostats off and replace with paper clips and electrical tape.. seen issues with those before. I also had the machine give me a exit sensor error while i was working on it.. When no paper was in the paper path at all. After some playing around the machine fired back up and started giving me the e07 again. I don't see any link between the 2 issues on the schematic.

What happens is that the cuttor motor will turn on and run all the way to one side and then not stop when it hits the limit switch.. on either side. We verified the switches are working in test mode.. I jumped all 4 signal wires from the right side all the way to the main board and still have the same problem.. I faintly remember working on this exact same problem 5? years ago and I can't quite remember the details or the fix... Other ideas?

KIPDOCTOR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The cutter driver board is actually built in to the CPU/DC controller board on that machine. Could be bad. I have a complete 2720 for parts if you need to pick up anything.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP Legacy Hardware discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: