Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Jam Between Separation & Exit on Short Sheets

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 5000 Discussions (new)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MDRepro
medical school grad

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:09 pm    Post subject: Jam Between Separation & Exit on Short Sheets Reply with quote Back to top

I have a client with a 5k w/236,000 sq. ft. on it. They send a lot of pdf files using the request software. As of recent it seems to be processing the files very slowly & getting "invalid vector file" error reports printing out multiple times a day. Every time one of these 'reports' prints out, the paper is too short & gets stuck between the sep & fuser area just sitting on the belt. It is running 6.5.485-03-RB. Any suggestions on quicker pdf printing & avoiding this jam would be greatly appreciated!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
MDRepro
medical school grad

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Has anybody seen this before? It's as if the short sheets of paper are not long enough and exit the sep area and isn't being pushed far enough to be picked up by the fuser section. I didn't see it in the manual, but can you set a minimum cut length?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Zoey
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have seen this before. This is a design flaw with the machine. Unfortunately, no there is not a minimum cut length to set. What you can do is try putting some tape over the outside vents on the paper transport section. This helped me out. It is not an absolute fix, but it helps a little.

cjwilt
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You can also remove the ozone filter for the tranport assembly fan.

MDRepro
medical school grad

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I did try putting tape over the outside vacuum vents, but i have not removed the filters yet. I will try that in the next day or two when i visit them again. I was also thinking perhaps just a good clean on the belts as well w/some rubber rejuv.

solidrock
resident

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If log into the web server/Print Net, there is a page that allows you to set minimum cut length. I set most of my machines for 12".

CHILLIN
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

KIP has a TB on this issue that was for the 6000 same problem though.

wadetech
intern

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You may want to check the condition of the Rubber Transport belts. My 6000 was jamming the trim / bad File sheets everytime. Replaced the Rubber Transport Belts and all is fine now .

MDRepro
medical school grad

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I was able to change the minimum cut length, thank you!! The errors were solved by updating the version of request he was using. Thanks for the responses!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 5000 Discussions (new) All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: