Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Oce' announces new wide format color!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP Color 80 Printer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KIPDOCTOR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:22 am    Post subject: Oce' announces new wide format color! Reply with quote Back to top

This is what happens when you fall asleep at the wheel. Oce is set to announce a new wide format color machine that promises to be bigger ,better and most of all cheaper than the vaporware KIP Color 80.

I love the engineers at Katsuragawa, but R+D takes forever for them.
I wonder how much time and money they wasted on the KC80? If you had stuck to what you know best you could have introduced a faster 8000 rather a reskinned 9000 that is the same speed as the 8000. I know this engine is designed to go 500mm/sec. Then you would really own the market.

Come on guys, don't you remember the 9020 Redline machine? How many of those did you sell?

Oce' knows color. They have been into it for a while. KIP knows black and white. Stick to what you do best. Color is a dog eat dog world where the profits must be shared with all the other color manufacturers. Capitalize on what you do best and anihilate the market. This is what I did for my business plan.

ditch
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Please tell more ?

KIPDOCTOR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That's all I know so far. I got this info from a Kip dealer that also sells Oce. Anyone know anything further. Look for the official announcement from Oce at the IRGA.

JFL
dreaming of medical school

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:41 pm    Post subject: Oce Color Reply with quote Back to top

I heard its called the Wave 600.

It uses a brick toner based system. Looking forward to seeing it in Vegas at the IrGA.

ditch
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

From an Email

You’re invited to the worldwide launch of a revolutionary new Océ color technology at the IRgA Annual Convention & Trade Show in Las Vegas, May 13-15, 2008.

Océ, an international wide format technology leader, is releasing a new large format color system using patented Océ CrystalPoint™ technology that can expand the most profitable part of your business and allow you to print more color applications in less time with extraordinary quality!

The Océ launch event is available to reprographers attending this year’s IRgA Annual Convention & Trade Show, who will be among the first in the U.S. to see this new system in action.

erlyagiel
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have the result from color wave 600, in my office we compare with KIP c80 ... and this my explanation :

1. for the color more better KIP c80 than Colorwave 600, because on color wave the result is very hardly ( just like sand on the paper )
and the basic color not good ...., but for KIPc80 the basic color CMYK is more better with Color600...

and we have exprerience, I think if we want print CAD fromKIP c80, we can used lineart Quality / Graphics Quality, but dont used color management .. because that thing make not optimize in CAD ... for the proff you can try for your KIP c80 in your customer / office ..and do not used color management ...

I think if we used color management .. that thing very optimize and perfect color for the poster and graphics but not optimize for CAD, we must turn in off ....

thank u

Razz

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Shyloh
medical school grad

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry guys, but what did he just say!

Brainz
resident

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Bottom line is the KC80 is a great machine, we have 2 of them and they run great

KIPDOCTOR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I am pleasantly surprised to hear this. Word on the street is this machine is top notch. There are a few issues with software but that is to be expected on any first release. I am going to go rarely out of character here and congratulate KIP on job well done, so far.

I still am glad that I got out of the ranch before they launched this thing.
I am just not up to the task of something this intense anymore. Getting older and more tired. I would rather enter into my latest venture, classic car restorations for fun and profit.

GR81
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

We have a KC80 and the machine just amazes me every day!
We have about 40K on it and it has yet to even paper jam (no kidding).
The cost of a color toner print just blows inkjet out of the water.
We had a customer in one of our other shops that had a colorwave print and they tried to heat laminate it and the print melted away.
Something to consider when looking at the Oce.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP Color 80 Printer All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: